Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday, 15th Nov. 2010

We did not end up going to Retika's b'day on Friday. Instead we went to Texas de Brazil...actually the plan was to got to the restaurant then go to the b'day party but she brought the Metro card instead of the CTA card and we found that out when we were about to get into the bus (after waiting for 10 mins). We had to go back get the CTA card and then wait another 10-15 mins for the bus. We were 45mins late to the restaurant (reservation was for 5:30pm).

After eating tons of steak, the plan was to go to the b'day party but we changed our plans after learning that no one we knew were going to be there. Instead, we went to watch movies at AMC just to realize that there were no good movies. We came back home and watched two movies from Netflix. I wanted to watch The Girl Who Played with Fire but she wanted to read the book first. So we watched something else. We then went to bed.

I did not do much this weekend. On Saturday we woke up super late at 10:00am, then after breakfast we went grocery shopping at Aldi and then at Rio Market. I am looking forward to the Thanksgiving dinner. I am also looking forward to the pork ribs that I will cook before we hit the road in December.We have enough meat until the road trip. That night I cooked pumpkin w/ pork and spinach. She cooked awesomely tasty goat curry. We now have enough food for the week. On Sunday I had plans to study but I ended up watching football all day. I also finished reading The Economist. It was depressing to read not a single optimistic article in the entire magazine.

It was a somewhat productive day at work today. I read about the technology and some more. Made some friends, prepared a huge batch of samples for sequencing and then read the journal club paper for tomorrow. I then ran 6mi on the treadmill in 65 mins. Following dinner I am following MNF on the internet. The score is 45-14 Philadelphia Eagles over Washington Redskins. In front of me is the Victoria's Secret delivery box, my unofficial early Christmas gift to her. There is nothing on TV and I am in no mood for studying. She is doing homework while I wonder what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment